Bandhavgarh is a combination of two words, Bandhav meaning brother and Garh meaning Fort. The legend says Lord Rama had gifted this beautiful fort to his loving brother Lakshmana. This ancient fort lies in the hillock of the Vindhya ranges in the district of Umaria. The forests is divided into three zones, Tala, Magadi and Khitouli. The park constitutes of 448 sq kms and the buffer zone extends to about 466 sq kms. Last couple of years it was Tala zone where the maximum number of tigers were sighted, making it as The Premium zone, but this season Magadi and Khitouli zones stole the show. The last official census claimed that there were 63 tigers in the 448 sq kms. Chances of seeing a tiger at Bandhavgarh is high compared to the other national parks. The tiger population has been increasing with many cubs being born in the last couple of years. Every tiger has been given a name here!!! Some of the world famous Tigers from this park are Charger, Mohini, Sita. The famous tigers today are B2, Bheem, Rajbehra Female, Kankati and Dotty.
Summer (March to September): 19^C to 46^c Winter (October to February): 2^C to 30^C.
Jabalpur. It is about 5 hours jouney from Jabalpur.
Best Time to visit
January to March & November to December.
- Tour Starts from Jabalpur Airport or Katni railway station, where you will be greeted by our representative.
- Reach Tala & check-in to our rooms by the days end to unwind, meet and greet session & have lunch/dinner.
SESSION 1: Get refreshed, we meet anytime after 5:30pm to discuss the game drives while we share our insights & have an interactive session on the ethics as well as how to photograph and post process your images.
- Have dinner by 8:45pm & lights out for the day.
Day 02-05): 8 hours Safari each Day:
- 5am Wakeup call with tea and snacks.
- 5:30am we board our 4x4 Open Gypsy for the morning game drive as we head to our respective entry gates, while we discuss a plan for the safari.
- 6am Gates open and we enjoy an enthralling game drives at respective zones for 5 hours to exit by 11am.
- During our safaris, we have our breakfast with stripes or spots.
SESSION 1: Unwind, and we meet by 12pm till we have lunch by 2pm.
- 2:30pm Board our 4x4 Open Gypsy for our very first game drive as we head to the gate and get our IDs verified a few tips to get the tour started while we wait for the gates to open by 3pm.
- Enjoy 3 hours safari in the lush wilderness of Bandhavgarh from our respective gates to exit by 6pm.
SESSION 2: Get refreshed, we meet by 7:30pm to discuss the game drive while we share our insights & have an interactive session on the ethics as well as how to photograph and post process your images.
- Have dinner by 8:45pm & lights out for the day.
- Guests who want to take the train from Katni should wakeup very early, guests taking the flight from Jabalapur can wake up a little late as we checkout today to catch our respective flights / trains home. To meet again on our next endeavors together.
- FINAL SESSION: We wind up the trip at Katni railway station or Jabalpur Airport.
PER PERSON COST: INR 49,999/- onwards.
(Additional 10% of the tour cost would be charged as service tax).
- 5N/6D full board accommodation - at Bandhavgarh (Breakfast, Lunch & dinner) on twin sharing basis.
- All safaris as per Schedule.
- All applicable taxes.
- On field guidance.
- Driver and guide fees.
- All Park entry fees, accommodation on a twin sharing basis and taxes.
- Safaris in a open Gypsy..
- Any Airfare or Train fare from Home/Base locations or returns.
- Any type of drinks like mineral water & alcoholic beverages during journey, safari drives or at the camps/hotel/guest houses etc.
- Any tips paid. ( 10% of the tour cost )
- Any medical expenses in case of emergencies.
- Camera fees or Video Camera fees as levied by the forest department.
- The services of Vehicles is not included on leisure days and after finishing the safari drives as per the itinerary given.
- Any type of personal insurance.
- Any medical emergencies.
- Anything not mentioned above in the cost include section.
Indian nationals: 100% payment on or before 120 days of travel.
Foreign Nationals:100% payment on or before 160 days of travel.
- 50% refund if cancelled before 50 days of travel.
- 20% refund if cancelled 30 days before travel.
- No refund if cancelled after above mentioned days.
- This tour requires a general fitness among individuals.
- A medical certificate will be needed to be produced giving a basic stats of your vitals.Indeminity bond needs to be signed prior to the tour.
- Beyond roads travel and photography Pvt. Ltd will not be held responsible for any damages or mishaps to the property etc. undertaken by the customer.
- Beyond roads travel and photography Pvt. Ltd will not be responsible for any loss or theft. Although, it is advisable not to keep an eye out on a general note.
- If you have any medical condition, it did be advisable to inform us about it. This ensures an extra care and support for you from our side.
- Beyond roads travel and photography Pvt. Ltd can cancel any tours for any unseen or unfavourable conditions which can prove risky for you to travel there. In such a case, a full refund will be amde to you.
- It is advisable to follow a set rules, especially in mentored tours. This ensures your safety.
- There are guidlines and advise on what to carry in your clothes baggage. This ensures you are comfortable throughout your journey. Any medical emergencies will not be borne by Beyond roads Travel and Photography Pvt. Although, care and assitance will be given to you throughout any unforeseen circumstances.